Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm Not Going to Sink Money in this House to Sell It!

"I'm not going to sink money into this house just to sell it."

That is exactly what I heard the other day while talking to a person on the phone about listing their home and here are my thoughts on that:

In today's real estate market, I've said it over and over, people are hyper price sensitive & hyper condition sensitive. I call it the HGTV effect. So if you are not willing to put in the time & money for improvements in order to bring your home up-to-date, then you must be willing to accept a lower selling price & possibly accept the fact that you may be on the market for much longer than your updated competition. Even if your price is better.

If you can't afford to make the improvements needed then the next thing you need to ask yourself is, "Can I really afford to move?"

FINAL THOUGHT: Think of it this way, if you were going to sell your car, wouldn't you get a tune up, wash it, wax it, vacuum it, & make it look sharp? Selling your home is no different. If you don't, your competition will.

Jason Korn
The Korn Team
RE/MAX Real Estate Concepts
Lincoln, NE Real Estate Market

No comments: